Saturday, February 1, 2014

What are you doing for Valentine's Day?


So if we all don't know this already, Valentine's Day this year falls on a FRIDAY. At this very moment, I am thanking the good Lord that I am no longer a waitress (I waitressed/bussed/hosted from the time I was 15 through the end of college, in a Trattoria and my hometown Bar/Pub Restaurant).  I mean, the poor waitresses/waiters will be busting their asses to make sure everything is perfect for couples who dine out on this night. Maybe they'll be lucky enough to witness a proposal (gag, on Val's day, really?)... anyway, it got me thinking, it's a Friday night. What will I be doing?

Earlier in the week a co-worker gave me a coupon from one of those Value Packs you get in the mail for Omaha Steaks.  It was such a great deal, all kinds of food for the price of $39.99. (P.S. this is not a paid review, I just love their stuff!) Anyway, it included 2 Filet Mignons, 2 Top Sirloin Steaks, 2 Strip Steaks, 4 loaded baked potatoes, 2 Stuffed Filet of Sole with Crabmeat and Scallops, and additionally 6 Burgers!!! I mean, for forty dollars, how could we pass this offer up? Of course this coupon was good only in stores or ordering via phone.  I'm a sucker when it comes to phoning into these people so I graciously asked my husband to stop in town after work.  He got everything and we just had the Filet of Sole last night.  We aren't huge fish eaters but are willing to try anything, especially when I'm home and can throw it in the garbage (or run to the bathroom!! ha) if I don't like it.  It. was. AMAZING. The directions say to place in a baking dish with 2oz. water, however I was looking online and some people suggested white wine.  I haven't compared but I used the white wine and really enjoyed the flavor. The potatoes were great too, they had bits of bacon which I don't care for but I ate around them.  If you ever get coupons in the mail for this place, try it out! I highly recommend this company.

So anyway, knowing I have 2 filet mignons waiting for me in the freezer, I think I'm going to make those for dinner, with some biscuits (he loves the pillsbury grands) and some other stuff to go on the side. A nice night in with a great dinner.  That sounds like my kind of night.  I'm really not one for crowds too much!

So while we are on the topic of Valentine's Day, I mean this post is after all about the day, I've put together a wish list.  Yeah, I don't exactly agree with buying gifts for this day specifically because you should really buy your spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend/friend/yourself!!! whenever you feel like it. But alas, it's fun to make a collage and so that's just what I'm doing :)

Valentine's Gift Guide under $20

1. Colorful sports bras.  I chose these ones from Target, but usually I buy them from Marshalls. Better brands, better quality and great prices. The Champion ones listed however are pretty decent as well (when you can catch them on sale!)
2. Clinique Blush Stick. So it's 1.00 over 20, but this stuff is great!! I like the "Shy" color and it's very easy to apply! I find that it sits nicely on top of my face makeup (Covergirl TruBlend).
3. A beauty bag that is clear, and plastic!  Preferably filled with to-go size shampoo, conditioner and body wash :)  I need this for the gym!
4. Armin van Buuren - The More Intense version cd. I am a big fan of his music..so many great beats.
5. Pitch Perfect on Blu Ray.  I JUST saw this about a month ago and I LOVED IT. I'm such a music freak that this would be the perfect addition to my dvd collection. I know it would get great use.
6. Yoga Block.  I don't like sharing community mats or blocks.  You don't know what kind of people use them at the gym or what germs they carry. Some of the moves require the block until you perfect them without!

So - what are you doing for Valentine's Day and what's on your wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment